GlaucusHuge beast, unaligned
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 313 (25d12 + 150)
Speed 30 ft., burrow 30 ft.
|28 (+9)||10 (+0)||23 (+6)||3 (-5)||12 (+1)||10 (+0)|
Senses blindsight 120 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., passive Perception 11
- Acid mucus. At the start of each of the glaucus's turns, each creature within 5 feet of it takes 7 (2d6) acid damage. A creature that touches the glaucus or hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it takes 7 (2d6) acid damage.
- Amphibious. The glaucus can breathe air and water.
- Foot secretion. Dissolving the ground beneath it, the glaucus ignores difficult terrain.
- Iron Sense. The glaucus monster can pinpoint the location of ferrous metal within 120 feet of it.
- Tunneler. The glaucus can burrow through solid rock at half its burrow speed and leaves a 10-foot-diameter tunnel in its wake.
- Multiattack. The glaucus makes four attacks with its whip-tentacles.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (3d8 + 10) piercing damage. If the target is a Large or smaller creature, it must succeed on a DC 19 Dexterity saving throw or be swallowed by the glaucus. A swallowed creature is blinded and restrained, it has total cover against attacks and other effects outside the glaucus, and it takes 35 (10d6) acid damage at the start of each of the glaucus's turns. If the glaucus dies, a swallowed creature is no longer restrained by it and can escape from the corpse by using 20 feet of movement, exiting prone.
- Whip-tentacle. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 30 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (1d6 + 10) slashing damage plus 7 (2d6) acid damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 20 Strength saving throw or be pulled up to 25 feet toward the glaucus.